2017 Mike Miller Holiday Tournament
Played at the Pentagon
During the Mike Miller Classic
Friday and Saturday December 29-30th
All Sanford Youth Tournaments will follow National Federation High Rules with the following exceptions:
- The scheduled game time is forfeit time. Games will not start more than 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time with the exception of the last scheduled game of the day which can begin earlier if both teams and a coach are present.
- 7th & 8th Grade: two 14 minute halves with clock stopping on all whistles.
- 3rd – 6th Grade: two 12 minute halves with clock stopping on all whistles.
- The clock will run continuously if a team has a 20+ point lead in the 2nd half. The clock will continue to run until the lead is below 15 points.
- The first two overtime periods will be 1 minute in length with the clock stopping on all whistles. A 30 second break will be used between each overtime period. The 3rd overtime period will be sudden death.
- 3 full timeouts per game and no timeouts carry over to overtime and no additional timeouts are granted.
- 3-minute halftime intermission
- A minimum of 5 minutes to warm-up time between games.
- Any type of half-court defense may be played in all Divisions regardless of score.
- A team may press up to a 20-point lead in all Divisions.
- A certified trainer will be available in the training room located by Court 8
- Only 2 coaches or non-athlete personnel allowed on bench per team.
Each Team Must Provide:
- Their own uniforms with numbers clearly marked.
- Players may only compete on only one team and in only one age division.
- Each team must provide a clock operator or score keeper for each game played.
Code of Conduct
The Tournament will strive to provide a competitive and quality atmosphere for players, coaches, parents and fans. A code of conduct will be enforced by our officials, site supervisors and tournament director(s). Unsporting conduct by players, coaches, parents or fans will not be tolerated. Any player, coach, parent or fan who is ejected from any game will be asked to leave the premises and will not be allowed re-entry into the tournament for the duration of the tournament. Any player or coach who receives two direct technical fouls in a game will be disqualified from the game and will be suspended for the duration of the tournament.
Pool Play Tie Breaker
1. Head to Head
2. Point differential with a 15-point maximum per game